It was a event-less day at Shanghai Rolex Master as no major upset was witnessed and all top seeded players sailed through easily the third round and moved ahead.
- World no.1 Swiss Roger Federer beat fellow countryman Wawrinka after losing first 4-6, 7(7)-6(4), 6-0.
- World no.2 Serbian Novak Djokovic beat Spaniard Florian Lobez 6-3, 6-3.
- World no.3 British Andy Murray beat Dolgopolov from Belarus in simple straight sets of 6-2, 6-2.
- American T Haas beat J. Tipsarevic 6-2, 6-1.
- French Jual Wilferd Tsonga beat M. Baghdatis 6-2, 7(7) - 6(2).
Roger Federer will now meet M Cilic, Murray would meet Stepanek in the quarterfinals.